mercoledì 1 luglio 2015

I'm back!

Well, to be honest, I never left...

But I changed media, in fact I started an Instagram account, which became active on Christmas Day, in order to post some Hits I got in the boxes purchased from Dacardworld as Christmas presents to myself.

I got to say that has been quite a blast, in these six months I posted about 100 individual pics of my cards, and acquired nearly 200 followers...which is unthinkable for a person like me that avoids both Facebook, Twitter and similar...
Using Instagram resulted also in a couple trades, as well as purchases directly from other sellers.

Using Instagram is also incredibly useful, since you can manage everything directly from the cellphone, taking a picture of a card, adding a brief comment, and voilà it is available to possibly the whole world..

The main obstacle I had so far in updating my blog has been the moving into a new house, in which I have no scanner, which basically prevents me from having pictures for the posts.. But since the post I'm writing right no will have no pictures at all, maybe I can continue to manage my blog without pictures (which would remove probably every interest in the readers), buy a scanner for the new house (which is not very useful except for the blog and is an expense I can prefer avoiding right now) or try something pretty scientific and futuristic...writing the post on my Pc and try to add the pictures from the app on my phone...

I think I'll go with the third option, hoping is feasable.. otherwise I'll try to get a scanner and go back to the old fashioned posts with pictures...

Btw, I have a ton (more or less) of new cards, some of those are currently in my mailbox at COMC, other are travelling right now across the US to get to the above mailbox, and other are still ongoing auctions on ebay...

One last tought I jus had, since I'm still trying to complete the 2013 Topps Tribute WBC set, a box currently costs 120 $ on Dacardworld (that price is equal to 6 Hits, and some base cards), to which I must add about 40 $ more dollars for shipping...total of 160$...
So why not spend the same amount of money (if not less) on ebay? Where I have the opportunity to choose in advance a card I don't already have, and have it shipped to my mailbox for a low price. An average price for the cards I'm looking for is 10$ (not considering super high end cards), meaning that for the price of a box with 6 mysterious card I could buy almost 10 or more cards of players from Chinese Taipei! This is a no brainer for me!

I'll keep you (if there's still anyone reading this blog) updated..

Best regards from Italy and keep collecting!

1 commento: