sabato 6 febbraio 2016

Meet Tommy the Ace!


Growing up I wasn't very aware of baseball, but as a kid I was very into cartoons...
But there's one that I never watched, but nevertheless that very cartoon is now inspiring this post..

I'm talking about a cartoon that shows the life of a young Japanese baseball player, who aims at becoming a professional player for the Tokyo Giants, like his dad before him.

When you'll see the cover of the DVD edition of this cartoon, you'll immediately understand the way in which it is connected to my card collecting obsession, and also understand the reason for the title


The title of the series could translate into something like "Tommy the Ace of the Giants", but in the Italian version "Tommy la stella dei Giants" resembles a lot a player that has nothing to do with Japanese baseball teams, but rather with the Atlanta Braves.

In case you haven't guessed the player I'm referring to, here's a picture of a recent card of him that I bought.


It's a 2014 Topps Supreme Simply Supreme Autographs of Tommy La Stella!!!

It's an incredible coincidence, but now I do have a card signed by a cartoon character! How cool is that?

The card is also numbered to 50 and happens to be the player's rookie card.

That's all for today, but before I go, I'd like to welcome to the Blogosphere Matthew, aka Gotta-get-them-all , who is a UK based collector, with whom I already traded some cards...so welcome Matt!!
Be sure to pay a visit at his blog, that has a very catchy look, and a background much cooler than mine (not very hard task)...

Keep collecting and CIAO!!

2 commenti: